Saturday, September 11, 2010

The WORD in Me

This whole communicating with the outside world while doing time is fascinating!

Last night as I was cell bound..not by a phone mind you..80 square feet with another man just three feet away..in another bunk mind you again..directly above me...in the top bunk mind you yet again...anyway my sister..GOD bless her philanthropic self...has got me several rags to read through the riches of my incarceration. One of these happens to be "Golf Digest". Most of my family engages in playing what Mark Twain professed to be a good walk spoiled..what the heck does he know anyway?...writing about leaping frogs and crap like that! But hey the guy could spin a yarn big enough to tantalize any cat.

So I'm perusing this mag with all its advice on how to use the wedge..I sure could in here at times utilize one of those. It came upon me out of nowhere...the scrunched up eye and quiet cry of the felon forlorned..all those courses! The beauty of GOD'S work manicured to perfection with 18 holes cut out as my heart was because I can't get there from here.

Seriously that statement has never been truer to me than while in prison. Many places I can't get to from here. To my boy's graduation..the birth of my first grandson..the tee time with Big Bro. Oh the reaping and sowing of the LORD'S law cannot be eradicated unless HE deems it so!

And as I wept..into the pillow firmly..less my cellie awakens to the rough man being soft....it all came crashing..the decisions that determine my direction...the left behind series ain't got nothing on us in here. Not lamenting though. I left it in the sodden pillow late last night. It's a good thing to have a GOD who feels our infirmities...been through our flesh as we went through HIS. Although I could continue in that self-pity mode, it is a danger to do so when looking into the life of newness that HE grants us ( II Corinthians 5:17), and even if I can't get to the tee box where the verdant and rolling hills of some course snakes its way through an 18..I can still know that HE cares enough for me to comfort me in that late night watch where big boys do cry and HE supplies all my needs according to HIS riches in glory...so I got that going for me.

later..dougie boy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Golf? Really? That's what you dream about in there? That's what you want to READ about??? REALLY???

~Tara