Friday, September 17, 2010

I Am a Blogger

I was moving about this compound contemplating when to blog next. Since it costs us to get out e-mail, I was sucking wind as I had no coin left in my account to reach out to you guys. But who knows that sisters are awesome, and mine is one of a kind...I'll argue that point with the best of those whose semantics can't compete with a convict who has spent the better part of this past ten years parrying words around with those who've talked themselves out of the most heinous situations imaginable. So bring your best!..haha. She sent me enough to get back on this blogging phenom..and some books to read to boot. I think I've read close to 100,000 books to date ...not counting, mind you, although most spend massive amounts of their sentence doing just that. As for me, I'll pass on the exact date of my release with all the computations running about for good time deductions, purported law changes, some "friend" on the outside that I may want to tell on (I ain't got no worries there because I did all my stuff by myself).

So... My cellie and I were doing a crossword--New York Times--we're pretty good at them most times and it passes a few moments...events that we line out to get by the loneliness (not spoken of too often because we could get the girly moniker--besides he never does. I'll break down once in a while, but it'll be late at night when the felons are off the beaten path of hurt by sleeping away in dreamland the things that we don't like to confront). Okay as I have told you before, I am a notorious digressor...and maker upper of words too! The crossword puzzle...convicts are extremely good at the following (save committing ludicrous acts of stupidity that get us here) chess, scrabble, dominos, any card games you care to bring, sudukos..and I already mentioned semantics. Thing is board games of any ilk are played in here as if the very compound was a huge Milton Bradley circus.

Oh yeah, did I add fighting? Some are good, but can you be good at something bad? How about that little oxymoron? We had one today over in C-block that started atop the two story berthing area and managed to scrabble itself on down to the grassy knoll where it was transplanted from Dallas...Zapruder and all. But these guys didn't really want to hurt each other..if so the fracas never would've left the top tier..unless one of them left it...in flight that is. All we got here is concrete and steel, so if you get to rolling around, you're going to get hurt...whether you win or not. I saw a guy get stabbed 9 times with a pencil by a homosexual--those guys can fight! I mean I think some of these men in here forget when you stood next to a homosexual in a strip search what they really had down there..wake up!

Okay...back to the crossword. Here we were stuck on the whole right side (a first for us professionals). Everyone in here was a pro at something. Me? I was a pro at screwing up. After much frustration in trying to fit words in where clearly they didn't belong. I kept going back to the clue of what grandparents do over their grandchildren. I knew it had to be "dote", but only three boxes existed for the answer...and the funny thing about the other clues was that they, too, were missing almost to the number one letter. We were flummoxed I tell ya...that is until instead of blaming it on the maker of this particular conundrum, I flipped the paper over in disgust of our collective ignorance, and soon realized that it wasn't a collective dumbness. I owned it all because I folded out the last column of boxes when getting the prepping done for the event passing endeavor. We pretty much solved it from there with, mind you, havin' to endure a thousand yard convict stare from my cellie...surpassing the stages of idiot right into moron..skipping savant altogether. But! We were able to get some time tucked away...so we got  that going for us...

later....dougie boy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like something I would do...made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the humor!

~Tara