Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Good day to you guys...

...just wanted to let everyone know that JESUS loves you and so do I and there's nothing you all can do about it!

I know things are extremely tight out there with the economy..I pray that since GOD always provides a WAY, that reaching for it becomes our priority. Sometimes I've discovered a lack of provision is a provision in and of itself.

I woke in my cell late (or should I say early morn, at 2:45...so yeah, let's say early morn...the amount of education in here!)....anyway I stared out from my bunk almost 10 years deep in my contrition looking at my cell block number. I was reminded of a time (although constrained now within 80 or so square feet and another man three feet from me) of when I was out there running and gunning on the mean streets. Shot and bee lining it to the emergency room hoping to GOD that I don't bleed to death, homeless and cold seeking any form of warmth...even the cardboard in the woods and under the bridges to stave off the cold...jumped by a gang of well..gangsters...a gaggle of them that's gotta be the new catch phrase...and the worst feeling of it all...nay I say (who talks like this?) the granddaddy of emotional distraught, loneliness...a darkness that could be felt.

So I must concur with some who profess that they weren't arrested, but rescued. As a tear leaked out and I brazenly sucked it up to brave my punishment for my sins, I had the stark understanding that GOD truly loves me. And it's as tough a call to make late in the life of myself yearning to hold my newly birthed yet not seen nor held grandchildren, as it is for those of you not recognizing the very real providence of GOD as HE places some life upon the POTTER'S WHEEL shaping and fashioning it according to HIS PURPOSE.

I so dearly miss my little boy...Dojo..who in spite of his old man is revering a lifestyle replete with the chivalry that has yet to die in a man's challenge for goodness in a world fraught with despair of epic proportions. And my wife...Rosemary whom I've refused to call that accursed "ex" word so flippantly strewn about for common causes from which struggle was too much to endure. It is through better or worse that I've drug her through, yet now in the precipice of the autumnal...so they say (whoever that estranged group of folk are) part of my life, she's come full circle to banter with me over the cyber lines of a tethered and tenuous umbilical commonality, to offer up solace from whence (there I go again) she'll not realize, gains chuckles and smiles in a place bereft of this all important character bounty that reigns in the hearts of those who never give up. I'm grateful to a GOD who can do all that I can not...

Praise HIS HOLY NAME!

...later...

dougie boy

No comments: