Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hello my friends...

..as the song goes..."and it's been a while"...

I have been in the midst of storms--both inwardly and in the outwardly parts as well. But PRAISE be to my GOD who always delivers me even if it means hard times.  Since the GOSPEL requires an urgent and radical response then I must come with the same zeal I first rallied when learning of HIS saving GRACE. Relying on not any strummed up secular concept, but rather submitting to spiritual reality. When GOD discovers to us what is amiss in our lives we must give all diligence to amend it speedily and particularly return to the duties we have neglected...'tis why I am penning (can you say penning when clacking?...you make the call!) The putting away of our sins is indispensably necessary to the removal of GOD'S judgements. This is the voice of every rod, it calls to us to return to HIM that smites us. When we return to GOD in a way of duty HE will return to us in a WAY of mercy; thus taking away the cause and effect of our disobedience.  HE'S cool like that! When the disease of sin has become epidemical, it is fatal to any place. (Isaiah 1: 5-7, Romans 1:26-28) I live amongst men who are thoroughly convinced there is no GOD save themselves. Often I have felt a failure when witnessing because I don't see some of the fruit I'd like to see, but it's an inside job. I usually won't see the preparing of how the LORD breaks the spirit to get to HIM...that all important posture of need many run from instead of to.

Okay off to Church...

   ...and back....

I plan on dedicating this upcoming softball season to two people (GOD willing it gets here): my Mommsy, of course, who had a love for the game, and as most of you know passed along to the slice of heaven we are yearning for this past December; and a second baseman that was also into ballet and all sorts of girly things--because she was this precious girl swiped from us at the hands of evil. I've read countless articles about her little life and the impact she left in her wake is as big as a rip tide that could drown the very best of all our well-thought out intentions to do some good--Christina Taylor Green. I can only hope that I am able to do her justice as I give up the coveted shortstop spot to move over to where she played at last (since I coach in here I can play anywhere I darn well want to!). And I started out as a second baseman because Big Bro was the catcher...and man did we throw out some guys trying to steal! So hopefully this season will be a winning one. Even if not, I will PRAISE HIM.

On my way back from Church just a few minutes ago a young gangbanger came up to me to thank me for letting him read "The Shack"--a book Patti-Sue sent me, and I completely forgot what happened to (forgive me sis)--but here was this young black man telling me how much it helped him understand the HOLY TRINITY. And I was all down on my sucky witnessing efforts...that GOD...HE can really put you in check in good and bad ways. I love HIM. Won't you guys love HIM too?

...later...Psalm102...all day...agape...dougie boy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you forgot what The Shack was about... read it again... I am the one that got Mom to read it :*) Someone had given it to her, she just never took the whole 2 hours it takes her to read something LOL... Seriously, read it again. It can't hurt and I bet you'd pick up on even more the second time around. Sending love... Patti-Sue's girl :-D